What is Interpretation and why is it useful for your company?
Interpretation can be understood as the action of providing others the meaning of a text or speech. When is it necessary to interpret content? When one of the parties that needs to communicate with the other doesn’t speak the same language. In this way, interpreters are needed to bridge the gap in the communication process. It is essential that the meaning of the source language is sustained.
When we think about interpretation in terms of language, we can say that it consists of rendering a spoken or signed language into other spoken or signed language that is the target.
A good interpretation is one that respects the tone, the intention and the emotions that the original message possesses. Interpreters should have several skills: They need to quickly transform the content in real time, so they should have knowledge not only about the language, but also about the culture of that target audience.
Different types of Interpretation Services:
- In-person interpretations also known as face-to-face or on-site interpreting. It’s recommended when a conversation is taking place and an interpreter is needed to assist the parties to achieve a successful communication exchange between them. It is perhaps the most common type of interpretation, and particularly useful when a meeting takes place, for business travels and to interact with associates from other countries.
- Over–the–phone interpretation (OPI) is part of the Remote Interpreting Services. It is a process by which the interpretation is carried out over the phone, instead of face-to-face or in–person. It is useful when the interpreter is needed immediately and there aren’t possibilities of traveling, or if it is in a remote location.
- Video remote interpreting (VRI) is also part of the Remote Interpreting Services. In this case, the interpreter has to provide a video telecommunication service using different devices, such as web cameras or videophones.
- Conference interpreting is used in meetings that have several attendants, such as public conferences, events, etc. In conference interpreting, the interpreter must adapt the source language into different target languages.
- Sign language interpreting is when the speech must be interpreted using sign language, so that viewers or attendants who are deaf or hard of hearing can understand what is being said. Sign language interpreting helps make language and content accessible for all.
Interpreting Services at Language Solutions Team
As we work with a highly-qualified team of interpreters and linguistics, we can provide your company with an array of interpretation services, anywhere and anytime. We have native speaker interpreters from all over the world that can assist you and your company, so you can bridge your business to the world.